Your doctor removed your appendix either by making many small cuts, called incisions, in your belly (laparoscopic surgery) or through open surgery. In open surgery, the doctor makes one large incision. The incisions leave scars that usually for 1 last update 08 Aug 2020 fade over time.Your doctor removed your appendix either by making many small cuts, called incisions, in your belly (laparoscopic surgery) or through open surgery. In open surgery, the doctor makes one large incision. The incisions leave scars that usually fade over time.
After your surgery, it is normal to feel weak and tired for several days after you return home. Your belly may be swollen and may be painful. If you had laparoscopic surgery, you may have pain in your shoulder for about 24 hours.
You may also feel sick to your stomach and have diarrhea, constipation, gas, or a headache. This usually goes away in a few days.
Your recovery time depends on the type of surgery you had. If you had laparoscopic surgery, you will probably be able to return to work or a normal routine 1 to 3 weeks after surgery. If you had an open surgery, it may take 2 to 4 weeks. If your appendix ruptured, you may have a drain in your incision.
Your body will work fine without an appendix. You will not have to make any changes in your diet or lifestyle.
This care sheet gives you a general idea about how long it will take for you to recover. But each person recovers the 1 last update 08 Aug 2020 at a different pace. Follow the steps below to get better as quickly as possible.This care sheet gives you a general idea about how long it will take for you to recover. But each person recovers at a different pace. Follow the steps below to get better as quickly as possible.
How can you care for yourself at home?
- Rest when you feel tired. Getting enough sleep will help you recover.
- Try to walk each day. Start by walking a little more than you did the day before. Bit by bit, increase the amount you walk. Walking boosts blood flow and helps prevent pneumonia and constipation.
- For about 2 weeks, avoid lifting anything that would make you strain. This may include a child, heavy grocery bags and milk containers, a heavy briefcase or backpack, cat litter or dog food bags, or a vacuum cleaner.
- Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor says it is okay.
- You may be able to take showers (unless you have a drain near your incision) 24 to 48 hours after surgery. Pat the incision dry. Do not take a bath for the first 2 weeks, or until your doctor tells you it is okay. If you have a drain near your incision, follow your doctor''s also a good idea to know your test results and keep a list of the medicines you take.
When should you call for help?
Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment Help Relieve (🔥 10 Foods To Eat) | Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment What To Eathow to Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment for Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- You passed out (lost consciousness).
- You are short of breath..
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You are sick to your stomach and cannot drink fluids.
- You cannot pass stools or gas.
- You have pain that does not get better when you take your pain medicine.
- You have signs of infection, such as:
- Increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness.
- Red streaks leading from the wound.
- Pus draining from the wound.
- A fever.
- You have loose stitches, or your incision comes open.
- Bright red blood has soaked through the bandage over your incision.
- You have signs of a blood clot in your leg (called a deep vein thrombosis), such as:
- Pain in your calf, back of knee, thigh, or groin.
- Redness and swelling in your leg or groin.
Watch closely for any changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if you have any problems.
Where can you learn more?
Enter X801 in the search box to learn more about "".
Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment 10 Foods To Eat (⭐️ Diagnosis) | Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment Acid Reflux Remedieshow to Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment for Current as of: August 12, 2019
Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment Tips (🔴 Why) | Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment List Ofhow to Gastroesophageal Reflux Natural Treatment for Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical the 1 last update 08 Aug 2020 Review:Medical Review:E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine & Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & Kenneth Bark MD - General Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery
Want to stay signed on?
We’re taking you to Kaiser Permanente Washington